I made a cushion for my husband by attaching several heart shapes together, but after using it so long, it has become worn out and holes appeared here and there. I thought I would make another one, so I searched for my old materials. I'm sure I was browsing the internet back then to find patterns and drew them my way. However, I can't remember which sites I referred to, so I can't give credit. It's important to always keep copyright in mind because we must respect the efforts and time of others. We should not engage in the shameless act of not acknowledging sources.


I am posting what I drew and cut out on stiff paper. I wonder if it could be helpful as a reference. I drew it in two sizes. If you want to make it larger, you can adjust the ratio.


I enjoy cutting small pieces of fabric and connecting them whenever I have a moment, so I drew patterns on the fabric one by one, cut them out, and attached them together one by one. It's not that tricky at all. I arranged the hearts and square patches alternately, and made the hearts stand out with red tones, while the rest and the square patches were chosen in more neutral colors. In fact, I wonder if using more subdued colors would have made the hearts stand out even more beautifully.


    


Once I completed 13 hearts and 12 square patches, I arranged them in my desired shape and connected them two by two, creating a row of four. After connecting one row, I attached them vertically again. Once the front of the cushion was completed with borders all around, I made a sandwich with the stuffing and lining and quilted it along the lines. I simply followed the seam lines for quilting. The back of the cushion was fitted with a zipper. Once both the front and back panels were finished, I stacked them together with the right sides facing each other and stitched around the edges. At this point, I left the zipper slightly open to turn it inside out and complete the cushion.


    

The fun of completing each piece is quite enjoyable. It's also a great way to use up scrap fabric. Although I don't have detailed measurements or a thorough explanation of the process, I wanted to share some ideas for those who might find it helpful. ^^