These are the process shots from many years ago.


Who doesn't like our lovely Totoro! I drew a Totoro on the back of empty Lego box, then cut the fabrics. I made ears, arms and a tail separately. You can search for Totoro easily.


totoro keyholder how to make


I appliqued belly part to the body,  then secured ears and arms like this..



Putting the right sides of top and lining together like below and place battings at the bottom. Sew them around leaving some opening window.



I cut batting as close as possible to seam line.



Now I turned them over...then closed the opening windows.



Eyes appliqued...quilting lines...and buttons for nose and tail...



More applique..



All set for ladder stitch (=blind stitch) to join the front and back together.



Start stitching, leaving small space just enough to pass stings on the top.






I used this hook to pass the strings. 



Leaves

    



Finished.